maandag 4 maart 2013

Pacemaker and HAProxy: Preventing Single Points of Failure - IT and ME

In the past, I’ve shared how we use HAProxy to help increase uptime and distribute load among any number of web servers. HAProxy is an amazing tool, and I can’t thank the author, Willy Tarreau, enough for making it available and open source. Of course, while HAProxy has proven to be extremely stable in production and we’ve never had an issue with it at all, it does present its own single point of failure. If your HAProxy server dies, everything that relies on HAProxy will go down with it. While I am not at all concerned about HAProxy itself crashing, I am concerned about a gamma ray hitting the CPU at just the wrong moment and nuking the whole thing.

via Delicious http://itand.me/41901523

Geen opmerkingen: